Saturday, April 11, 2009

He is risen

Easter is my favorite holiday. Not because of fluffy bunnies, dyed hands that match the colored eggs, or even those dreadful marshmallow peeps. Easter is my favorite holiday because it honors an event I am thankful for each and every single second of my life...

The resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the promised Messiah. How blessed are we that this event occurred? Because of it we are able to overcome death just as the Savior did. Because of it we have hope and that hope allows us (or should allow us at least) to avoid fearing death. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we know that death is really nothing more than a release from our earthly cares. This is made possible by the love of our Father in Heaven for his children (me and you and you and you and you and yes you over there too) and the willing sacrifice of our elder brother Jesus Christ. Can you even imagine loving someone so much you'd atone for EVERY sin they even THOUGHT about committing, let alone all those they did...can you imagine loving someone so much you would willingly die for them, even those that rejected and crucified you? Each and every single day I am grateful for the Lord's atoning sacrifice.

I have always hated the crucifix...to me it symbolizes the very item that killed my Lord; it symbolizes his death and I know that He lives. Praise God; Jesus LIVES! Check out this video an Elder I know shared on his Facebook site...it's from or by Jeffrey R. Holland, one of my favorite General Authorities and one of the Lord's chosen Apostles of our time.




I bare you my solemn testimony that because the Savior and Redeemer of the world, the promised Messiah JESUS THE CHRIST suffered bled and died, all our burdens can be made light if we will just put our faith in Him. He conquered death so that we might live. Through Him and only him can we can return to our Father in Heaven. May HIS light and love shine in you this Easter and all the days that follow.

Thank you Father for our risen Lord and Redeemer even that of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Followers